Your right to privacy is important to the PEIP. As a general rule, the PEIP does not collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site unless you choose to provide such information. The information we collect varies based on what you do when visiting our site. The PEIP believes that the personally identifiable information you choose to furnish online or otherwise should be used to help us to provide you with the highest quality service and support possible. If you send us an email or contact us through the website’s “contact us” mechanism, we will collect such personally identifiable information as you provide through that email communication. This Website is not a therapeutic service. Advice regarding healthcare is not provided and is strictly forbidden. Please contact your doctor or therapist if you need assistance with medications or other healthcare needs.
This website is not moderated 24 hours a day and should not be considered a crisis hotline. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MENTAL HEALTH EMERGENCY OR OTHER EMERGENCY PLEASE CONTACT THE GEORGIA CENTRAL ACCESS AND CRISIS HOTLINE AT 1-800-715-4225 OR 911. IF YOU SUSPECT SOMEONE ELSE IS A DANGER TO THEMSELVES OR OTHERS PLEASE CONTACT 911.
Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, e-mail address, and parent name. We do not request or store sensitive information from our visitors, such as date of birth, credit card, or social security numbers.
Parents/guardians of children ages 13-17 will have access to review all postings made by children ages 13-17 on the Website. Parents may request to have any posting made by their child deleted. Please email email@example.com with your request.
Web Site Usage
The PEIP may collect IP addresses and web site usage information from Users accessing our Website. This information helps us evaluate how our visitors and subscribers use and navigate our website on an aggregated basis, including the number and frequency of visitors to each web page, and the length of their visits.
Website pages may employ cookie technology to help visitors and subscribers move faster through the site. When you sign on to the Website or take advantage of several key features, cookies may be downloaded to your computer. A cookie is a string of information that is sent by a website and stored on your hard drive or temporarily in your computer’s memory. If you are concerned about the potential use of the information gathered from your computer by cookies, you can set your browser to prompt you before it accepts a cookie. Most Internet browsers have settings that let you identify and/or reject cookies.
Users of the Website may be provided with the opportunity to participate in online surveys. If Users choose to participate, the Website may request certain personally identifiable information. Participation in these surveys is entirely voluntary. Users, therefore, have a choice whether or not to disclose this information.
e-Newsletters, e-Alerts, and e-Zines
If Users wish to subscribe to any of GEORGIAPEIP.ORG’s e-mail news services, we will utilize User-provided names and e-mail addresses to send them. In the interest of maintaining User privacy, we provide a means by which Users may “unsubscribe” or choose not to receive future messages from GEORGIAPEIP.ORG. At the bottom of each email Users have the option to “opt-out” of the GEORGIAPEIP.ORG e-mailing list.
To the extent that portions of this Website provide Users an opportunity to post and exchange information, ideas and opinions (the “Postings”), please be advised that Postings do not necessarily reflect the views of the Georgia Prevention and Early Intervention Program and the DeKalb Community Service Board. Each User hereby represents and warrants that they have all necessary rights in and to all Postings provided by the User and all information the Postings contain and that such Postings shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties or contain any libelous, tortious, or otherwise unlawful information. Without limiting the foregoing, the PEIP will have the right to use and change the Postings in any manner that the PEIP may determine.
Users may access this Website only for lawful, non-commercial purposes. Users may not submit or transmit through this Website (whether via discussion boards, user-generated pages, messaging services or otherwise) any material, or otherwise engage in any conduct, that:
1. Violates or infringes the rights of others, including without limitation patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity or other proprietary rights;
2. Involves uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available any Postings that Users do not have a right to make available under any federal or state law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
3. Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, pornographic, vulgar, profane, obscene, or any other information that the PEIP deems in its sole discretion to be inappropriate for this Website;
4. Victimizes, harasses, “stalks,” degrades, attacks or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on any basis, including but not limited to religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability;
5. Contains any personally identifiable information, or other information which might be used to identify or locate a User;
6. Harms minors in any way;
7. Impersonates any person, business or entity, including the PEIP or its employees and agents or any Website forum leader, guide or host, or in any way falsely states or misrepresents a User’s affiliation with a person or entity;
8. Involves forging headers or otherwise manipulating identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Postings transmitted through this Website;
9. Contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of a computer or website;
10. Disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Website are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
11. Instigates or encourages others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or damage to any person or property;
12. Otherwise interferes with the use or enjoyment of this Website by others;
13. Encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or that gives rise to civil liability;
14. Is intended to promote and/or generate revenue for any unauthorized third party business activity; or
Information Regarding Minors
The Website and its services are not directed or intended for children under 13 years of age. The PEIP does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from individuals under 13 years of age. Minors under 13 years of ageshould not register or provide personally identifiable information on the website.
Based on the personally identifiable information Users provide on the Website, the PEIP will communicate with Users in response to any inquiries and to manage User accounts. The PEIP will communicate with Users via email, telephone, or direct mail.
Links to Other Sites
Information Sharing and Storage
The Website is hosted by HostGator which as extensive custom firewall rules and large mod security rule sets protecting it’s servers from a variety of forms of attack. Datacenters are all highly secure facilities with restricted access.
Limitation of Liability
USERS ASSUME THE SOLE RISK OF TRANSMITTING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AS IT RELATES TO THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, AND FOR ANY DATA CORRUPTIONS, INTENTIONAL INTERCEPTIONS, INTRUSIONS OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO INFORMATION, OR OF ANY DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS TO OR FAILURES PREVENTING THE USE THIS WEBSITE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PEIP OR DEKALB COMMUNITY SERVICE BOARD BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR MONETARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING FEES, AND PENALTIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF MATERIALS POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE OR CONNECTIVITY TO OR FROM THIS WEBSITE TO ANY OTHER WEBSITE.
Termination or Suspension of Access
The PEIP believes accessibility is the right of all individuals. We are committed to making our web content accessible for people with disabilities. We are actively engaged in the ongoing process of testing our website for compliance with current accessibility standards, including those defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act.
Users hereby agree that any claim or dispute relating to this Website or any use or reliance on this Website shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.